If you are new to Alll That Jas, welcome! Thus far, I have shared a number of wellness tips, yummy recipes, random thoughts, relationship advice, and travel recommendations. But as a way to get a better feel of who I am, I thought a Q & A would be fun!
I asked my followers on social media to send any questions they had for me and I will be answering them here today!
- What is your daily makeup routine?
- To be honest, I only wear a full face of makeup during the weekends. M-F I am very fresh faced. All this to say, I only wear four products for my every day look. First, I moisturize with Olay’s Complete All Day UV Moisturizer SPF 15 Sensitive Skin. Next, I apply a generous amount of Vitamin E Moisturizing Skin Oil onto the palm of my hands and spread the oil evenly to the base of my neck. Then, I use a small amount of Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation and with a blending brush, use circular motions to cover the entirety of my face, blending into my hairline and bringing it down to my neck. Finally, I apply L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara to coat my lashes.
- Where am I planning on traveling to next?
- At the end of the year I am heading to Europe. I will be visiting Greece for the first time and revisiting Italy and France. Next year, I will be heading to the Middle East to venture throughout Egypt!
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Hm, well. I have always considered myself an open book. I love sharing stories and connecting to people in real life. But I found myself suppressing my more creative side. I had friends over the years, tell me that I should write articles or short stories of my experiences, as I was able to tell them in such an amusing way. And for years, I kept archived, various YouTube videos I filmed discussing certain topics all because of this false idea that vulnerability was bad. I feared, “what if people think I’m too much or completely disagree with my perspective on things?” For a good amount of time, I was disappointed in myself for allowing fear to inhibit my potential. It took some tough loving from my best friend to give me the push I needed to finally break that invisible glass ceiling I created for myself. I don’t think I had ever been more uncomfortable than the night I launched my blog. And when I say uncomfortable, I mean I was really going outside of my comfort zone there. I was very familiar with sharing among my inner circle but definitely not much more outside of that. But as one post was published after the other, the process began to feel very organic and eventually comfortable. Throughout this past year, I have connected to so many people, many of whom I barely knew prior to this blog. So my advice, do not let the fear of vulnerability or critique stop you from growing!
- What is your ethnicity?
- HA! This is a long one. My parents are originally from Central America, but they are both only half. My mom also has Egyptian, Italian, and German blood while my dad is half Spanish.
- But my entire life I’ve been mistaken for Indian or Persian.
- If you had to choose the same meal to eat for the rest of your life what would it be?
- PHO! I have a sick obsession with Asian food as a whole but pho takes the cake. I’ve def had pho a couple days in a row, on several occasions but not too long ago, I legit had pho 4 nights straight…not proud of it! HA.
- What are your favorite shows of all time?
- How to Get Away with Murder
- Breaking Bad
- Sons of Anarchy
- What is your zodiac sign and do you think it fits your personality?
- I am an Aries, through & through! My horoscope absolutely fits my personality. Aries are known to be confident, honest, and passionate but also impulsive, aggressive, and impatient. All this to say, guilty & guilty!
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When people bulls**t. I respect honesty, even if its unfavorable. I guess that’s the Aries in me because we are very blunt and direct so when I feel someone is beating around the bush, I am able to call BS from a mile away!
- Do you have any phobias?
- Raccoons! All I will say is I had a bad experience when I was younger in Summer camp, lmao. I’ve come to realize they are nasty and vicious so whenever I see one, I legit have a freak out!
- What is your life goal?
- Ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted to have an influential platform. In Kindergarten, I filled out a questionnaire which it’s first question was, “What would you like to be when you grow up?” And my answer was, “KNOWN.” Throughout my teenage years, I wanted to be a vocalist. In college, I wanted to be a broadcast journalist and now post-grad, I hope to create an online platform where I am able to work remotely allowing myself to travel. What I have found in common among these changing aspirations, is having the ability to use a public platform to reach and connect with others.
- If you could have a roundtable discussion with three people, dead or alive, who would it be?
- 1) My dad. He passed away last year but way too young. He was full of wisdom and was the best story teller I knew.
- 2) Cleopatra. I have always been intrigued by her trail blazing sovereignty. A queen in a Pharaoh’s world, how f***ing revolutionary.
- 3) Louis Armstrong/Etta James. My all time favorite musical talents. I literally can not decide. True geniuses.
- Who is your favorite IG influencer?
- @tezzamb – SHE IS A CREATIVE MUSE! Literally an icon in the making!
- What’s next for Alll That Jas?
- The main focus for the blog is to continue to creative dope content. I want to engage with as many people as possible and partner up with unique brands…(which I am beginning to do).
- Where would you hope to retire?
- Somewhere next to the water. Somewhere where life is slow.
- What would you hope most for yourself?
- Consistent inner-peace. Namaste, y’all. XO
4 thoughts on “Get To Know Me: Q & A”
Loved your answers……nice to know about you 🙂
aw, well thanks for taking the time to read!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you as well, girlll ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person