Happy Friday!! So as ya’ll may know, I am a creature of habit. I can eat the sameee meals for lunch and dinner for two weeks straight without getting bored. Fortunately, this week, I saw a recipe on Sivan Ayla’s blog that caught my appetite; Panko Crusted Chicken Bowls. Now, not only did the recipe look easy to follow but I also had most of the ingredients in my fridge (with some improvising).
What you’ll need:
I did not have regular chicken breasts or the standard Dijon mustard. So, my version of ingredients are as followed.
- 4 Chile Lime Chicken Burgers (Trader Joe’s)
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- Brown Rice
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Grape Seed Oil
- Fresh Parmesan
- Thaw chicken patties. Preheat oven to 400º. Drizzle oil onto baking dish.
- Cook your rice simultaneously.
- Coat chicken with Dijon mustard then panko crumbs. Transfer over to baking dish.
- Bake chicken for 15 mins (for extra crunchy chicken strips) on each side.
- Combine 1/4 grapeseed oil, squeezed lemon juice, and herbs, mix dressing all together.
- Put out two bowls, create a bed of rice, then add a handful of arugula. Chop your cooked patties into strips and lay on top of arugula. Throw in some Parmesan cheese and layer on your dressing!
If you’re into meal prepping, this is great for the work week! Warm up your chicken and rice, throw in some arugula, cheese, and dressing! So simple, so healthy, and legit sooo yummy! We’ve also paired the bowl with pita chips and hummus, and let me tell you…it is one hell of a mouthgasm!! Happy eating, y’all.