Heyyy guys! So with the demands of the 9-5, social media, our nation’s climate, and so on, it can be very easy to get sucked into these negative vortexes. Especially when you share your time with another person, it’s so important to understand how these negative energies can detract from the happiness within your relationship.
The spread of these negative energies invites toxicity, annoyances, and unhealthy behaviors into the dynamic. But through stimulating the flow of positive energies/practices, you’re creating an inviting and appealing environment.
Here are my top 5 favorite practices.
1. Pray/Meditate together
- If even for two minutes, pausing the chaos to center your thoughts can trigger the release of feel-good chemicals in the brain as well as calm the fight or flight reactions. For us, prayer is huge. We ask for direction and clarity but also extend our gratitude.
2. Identifying the negativity
- Is the attitude, behaviors, tone, etc. caused from outside tensions (the media, work, friends, family) or is it stemmed from something occurring within the relationship? Regardless of the catalyst, it is important to acknowledge/pin-point the issue.
3. Address tension(s) then and there
- Super important! I am a firm believer in voicing what issues are at hand and working through them, ASAP. My biggest advice is not to go to sleep upset. We all know the couples who prefer to sweep issues under the rug vs confronting them head on with their partner. But this is soo problematic, because if you’re feeling your energetic connection is out of whack, it is likely that there is healing to do.
- When there is lack of resolution, this can slowly lead to the demise of a relationship. So all this to say, even if the conversation is uncomfortable, it’ll be worthwhile in the long run.
4. Experience new adventures together
- I think the best way to free of negative energies is to travel! If you feel this thickness around you, plan a day-trip together and head that way. Seeing new stimuli is incredibly healthy. I know for us, our worries melt away once we see something new.
5. Build together
- Working towards a common goal helps create commonality and trust. Whether it is a passion project, DIY home fix, or even the desire to move up in your respective companies… depending on each other for support, creates a focus for an even stronger dynamic/bond. For us, my boo is my photographer and go-to for shoots, blog ideas, etc. He believes in my content just as much as I do, and we work together everyday in attempts to build my social media presence.
*Okayyy, enough blabbering. I hope these tips are helpful and provide some sort of relationship Feng Shui or Spring (welll, Summer) cleaning of your relationship interactions.
4 thoughts on “5 Ways To Keep Negative Energy Out Of Your Relationship”
Such an inspirational nugget to hold onto. Gratitude is so important, as it can- even for a moment- give you peace. Love your beautiful words! Muah!
Aw thanks, boo boo!! Love ya ❤
I loved this post and your pic with your bf is sooo cute!! 💛 You’re so right about identifying problems/tensions and just being open about it. I’ve been with my bf for four years and communication is everything.
Also, so sweet about your boyfriend helping out with photography and blog ideas!! My boyfriend helps a lot with photography on my blog too and I can always talk about my ideas with him. His support means the world. 💞
Oh gurrrl, yess its so damn important!! Aw, congrats babe, good for you guys!
Right?! I honestly don’t think I could be doing all of this without him!! Gotta love them ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person